A great post is always accompanied by beautiful and relevant images. Images also help to optimize your post while they increase the loading time. Many images will slow down your website’s loading speed and search engine like faster loading blogs. You should also realize that there are those posts that are incomplete without screenshots. Images communicate easily than just words apart from enhancing beauty in the blog’s presentation. Faster loading websites keep the visitors interested and this translates to better search rankings and therefore more traffic.
A quick solution to add these heavy images without affecting the loading time of your page is to optimize images. This is the reducing the size of the image without compromising the quality. The manual option of doing this will give you headaches since you have to process all the images one by one. This will take much time. As a blogger, you have to work smart, not hard to achieve the same results. You can improve your website’s speed by upgrading to a faster server, using sophisticated caching, or using a CDN. The easiest and the cheapest way to achieve this is to reduce the size of the images displayed on your site. This Smush.it review will focus on services that make it convenient to use.
Smush.it is a Yahoo service that optimizes your images without changing their look or visual quality. This version uses the Smush.it API to work on your WordPress site. Once the plugin is installed and activated, images will be compressed automatically. This process will not affect the quality of your images and you won’t miss any image because of its loading time. Smush.it plugin only removes the unnecessary data that boats the filesize, since images have superfluous data in them. This makes the filesize dramatically smaller which will result in faster page loading.
When Wp Smush.it tool was first launched, the only available option was too much the images that were uploaded after activation of the Wp smush.it tool, but the latest version added a new feature called Bulk Smush.it. This feature compresses all the old images on your WordPress image folder which is very helpful in reducing your load time for old posts. If your blog is huge or has many images, you will need to put your blog into maintenance mode and compress first all the old images.
• Optimize your images using an advanced lossless compression technique
• Set a maximum width and height where images will automatically scale before being added to your media library
• Asynchronously auto-smush your attachments for super fast compression on upload
• Manually smush your attachment individually in the media library, or in bulk 50 attachments at a time
• Smush images with no slowdown using WPMU DEV’s fast, reliable smush API
• Global and individual settings for multisite
• View advanced compression stats per-attachment and library totals
• Striping meta data from JPEGs –
• Optimizing JPEG compression
• Converting certain GIFs to indexed PNGs
• Striping the unused colors from indexed images
Compress any image in any direction
Apart from smashing your media uploads, you may want to compress the images stored in the folders Smush.it lets you compress any image in any directory so that you can optimize all the images on your site which includes NextGEN images, images stored on Amazon S3 using WP Offload S3 and images in every WordPress plugin and theme package.
Compatible with your favorite media library plugins
No matter the plugin you use to better your WordPress, Smush.it has you covered.
• WP All Import
• WP Offload S3
• WP Media Folder
• WP Retina 2x
• NextGen Gallery
• WPML Media Translation Add-on The bulk optimization button shows you a progress meter while it’s going, including how much of the image is optimized. The optimization process depends on whether you want a lossy or lossless compression and the original file’s format. The service supports JPG, PNG, GIF, and PDF docs. Other services only support JPG and PNG since photographers nowadays don’t need GIF. PDF optimization is important if you are posting PDF guides or docs. WP Smush.it is used to optimize all the images across your entire network. You can use the global settings to configure each site individually. WP Smush.it tool is easy to us – no confusing compression software settings. You can smush in your library one at a time or you can bulk smush up to 50 images at a time. The faster the site load, the more Google, Yahoo, Bing, and other search engines will like it. The site will load faster and rank higher.
• This tool is very easy to use
• Excellent 24-hour support
• One click original image restoration
• Complete data privacy
• Work well with major hosting providers, including WordPress Engine
• You can optimize your images on the fly as you upload them to the WordPress site
• The performance difference is not as significant as you can get with other methods
• It gives you no control on how much you can optimize an image
• While it reduces the image size it is not the best solution
• Does not support NextGen since it has its own Media Library and stores its files at a different location
Check out Quick video review on Wp Smush.it
Image optimization is best done while outside of WordPress. Wp Smush. It is a credible tool that any WordPress blogger needs especially photographers. It has the perfect of features, support, and affordability which lacks in other image optimization services. I hope that this Smush.it review has given you enough insight into the product. You don’t have to look further if are looking for a tool that optimizes your images, lowers your bounce rate, increase conversations, improve your Google rank status, and drive traffic straight to your website. This magnificent plugin won’t disappoint.
Here are few more topics that you shouldn’t miss:
Best Images Optimization Plugins for Your Blog
Types of Content to Boost Traffic and Engagement
Some Indirect Methods to Improve Rankings in Search Engines
Like this post? Don’t forget to share