Blogging has become a norm nowadays and choosing a great hosting service is a daunting task especially for a beginner. You can start out with free hosting and once you get the hang of it and want advanced functionality you can switch to paid hosting services with more features. The problem is inexperienced bloggers have less or no knowledge of free hosting providers and end up making wrong choices.
A slow host does not only affect your overall SEO, it also affects your bounce rate. It will take ages to bring your visitors back even after fixing speed issues. In the cyber industry, the first impression is important. In this case, the excellent user experience is what users want. A chance of few seconds will either keep your visitors or keep them away from your site forever. Many web hosts claim to be good web hosts for WordPress blogs. Do background checks on them before you settle for one. Make sure that the hosting is compatible with the latest version of WordPress.
Running a blog is not easy and requires a good strategy especially if you intend to make a living out of it. Luckily, there are several free web hosting services that offer exceptional services to beginners. Here are four of them:
Also, you can check Steps to create a Successful Social Media Strategy
Table of Contents
1. x10 hosting.com
X10Hosting.com free WordPress hosting has over 10 years of hosting experience making it one of the oldest free website hosting services. It’s among the best in the web hosting industry. It’s completely free with awesome features.
• Private Cloud hosting
• It has the latest version of Cpanel
• There are never any forced ads
• Advanced versions of MySQL and PHP
• Provides good customer support
The reason why ByetHost.com free WordPress hosting is at the top of the list is that of its great features and support for WordPress. The hosting provides FTP account, file manager, free tech support, add-on domain and sub-domains, Control panel, and many other interesting features like:
• 5500 MB disk space
• 50 MySQL databases
• It offers Softaculous Auto Installer
• 200 GB monthly transfer
• 1000 MB of the disk space
• ByetHost.com offer 50 free domains, 50 parked domains & 50 subdomains
• Free 24/7 support and also FTP account
• A good error page manager
• Control panel for your easy handling of the website
• Free hosting without any ads and pop-ups
If you are a beginner and want to start up fast, then FreeHostingNoAds.net is your preferred choice. This hosting gets you started in minutes. Although they don’t allow ads on their hosting, they offer seamless services and features such as:
• Offer many different templates and also website builder
• Let you to Host your own free domain or you can use free subdomain offered by the company.
• Tools like Joomla, phpBB, and of course, WordPress
• 20 GB Disk Space available along with 200 GB bandwidth traffic
• 3 PHP versions are provided
• Allows you to create email accounts
Biz.nf is another great free hosting service for beginners to learn and understand WordPress that allows you to host your WordPress blog in 2 minutes. It too gives you a .co.nf subdomain name. Its main features include:
• Host 1 free Domain name
• 1000 MB web space
• 5000 MB of data transfer
• FREE domain name registration (.co.nf)
• Biz.nf hosting plans support a free hosting of WordPress blog and free Joomla hosting
• Offers PHP 4 and PHP 5 support. However, PHP7 support is missing
• Free Site Builder tool These free hosting services will help you as a beginner to learn and understand how WordPress works without incurring much expenditure. However, free website hosting services have a few setbacks that will affect you as you grow. Free hosting providers won’t host a professional blog or website with a high traffic. As they can suspend your hosting account anytime even without warning you or without any reason.
Cons of using free hosting services
Limited Space and Bandwidth: Everything can’t be free and this also applies to free hosting. They offer limited space and bandwidth. Bandwidth is the number of visitors allowed on your website/per month. No Backups: Using free hosting has its risks. For example, they don’t offer backups which mean that if anything goes wrong your data won’t be restored and would be lost forever. Poor Customer Support: Since it’s a free service, they have less manpower on customer support that is either slow or unavailable. This is quite a turn off which means if you are stuck with the installation you will have to wait for a long time or start all over again. They claim to offer good customer support but in reality, users get terrible customer support. Affects blog’s SEO: If you are willing to host your blog on a free hosting company, then free hosting will have some bad effect on your blog’s SEO. Risk of Getting Banned or Suspended: Using a free website hosting service is not comfortable since there is always the risk of being banned or your account may be suspended without a legit reason or any warning.
As a beginner, I recommend using opting for a free web hosting providers for some time before you switch to paid versions that offer superior services. Don’t mind the disadvantages, since it’s only for some time and you can always use WordPress plugins. I believe you have learned much from this review about 4 hosting providers for beginners to learn WordPress.
Here are few more topics that you shouldn’t miss:
InMotion Review: WordPress Hosting Packages
HostRocket Web Hosting
Why Using A2 Hosting is an Easy Way of Creating your First WordPress Blog
Like this post? Don’t forget to share