In my line of work as a blogger, I am always on the lookout for a web hosting provider that can offer me the best. There are companies that claim to offer great features but end up disappointing while others that can really impress. Overall, it takes some trial-and-error but that does not have to be so for you. That is why I am writing this review on WP Engine for all those using WordPress.
I have tried various hosting companies such as Hostgator, Dreamhost, A2Hosting, and a few others. I have been using WP Engine for some time now and I am confident that what they have to offer can really be beneficial for anyone who wants to grow their website under WordPress. However, you should be prepared to part with at least $29 use its services.
Table of Contents
What is WP Engine?
WP Engine is a web hosting services provider that focuses on WordPress-supported sites. It boasts of top-of-the-notch hosting services such as incredible uptime, great security features, and unlimited data transfer. However, even with all this, does it justify the price tag? Well, this review will explain in detail what WPE can and cannot do for you and your WordPress-supported site.
Learn what makes WP Engine different
What are the plans and pricing?
In total, WP Engine has five plans you can choose from. All of these come with three common features: Unlimited data transfer, data backups on a daily basis, and daily malware scanning. The plans on this web hosting provider include:
- Personal plan that is priced at $29 per month. It features one WordPress installation with a maximum of 25,000 visits per month and 10GB storage
- Professional plan at $99 per month. It comes with 10 WordPress installations with a maximum of 100,000 visits a month and 20GB storage
- Business will cost you $249 per month. It features 25 WordPress installations plus a maximum of 400,000 visits in a month and 30GB storage
- Premium requires that you contact customer care on the pricing. Other than that, it comes with 150 WordPress installation, 1 million visits in a month and 300GB storage
Checkout latest price updates of WPEngine
- Enterprise is believed to be the most expensive option and like premium will require that you contact customer care for the pricing. It also comes with 150 WordPress installations coupled with 5 million visits in a month and 1 Terabyte of storage.
Get up to 3 months free during Funnel Month on WP Engine!
It is clear to see that it is quite pricy. Other web hosting services offer cheaper options with even better features. Ultimately, WP Engine remains one of the best web hosting providers in the market.
WPE comes with great features that include:
- Pre-installed WordPress. Unlike other web hosting services, WPE comes with WordPress already installed. All you have to do is to retrieve your login details and you are done
- It also features data daily back up and plugin details
- It comes with Everchange technology. WP Engine prides itself as one of the web hosting providers with the fastest uptime. That can be attributed to the Everchange technology
- It also provides for the use of SSL protocol especially for the e-commerce transactions, and hence, keeping your clients credit card details
- With all the pans, you can be assured of daily malware scanning. It protects you from the frequent threats that face online businesses on a daily basis
- WPE offers a 60-day money-back guarantee. If you use the hosting services and you are not satisfied before the end of 60 days, you get your money back with no hidden clauses to take you round in circles
60-days Money-Back Guarantee
These are just some of the features that stood out for me. There is so much more with the WP Engine as your preferred web hosting provider.
Some of the pros include:
One of the pros that stood out for me was the 100% uptime. Some of the web hosting services I have used in the past have really disappointed with the uptime. As a business that runs online, uptime is very important and it’s uptime remains unrivaled. You can lose important clients if your website is down often. Another great thing with WPE is the security measures they have put in place for you to enjoy secure transactions for both you and the customers due to the SSL protocol and the scanned servers. In addition, the employees at WP Engine are not allowed near the servers. All that has to be done like updates and scanning are done automatically. In addition, from all the plans you get access to unlimited monthly data transfers and malware scanning on a daily basis. The storage capacity allocated for each of the plans is enough to cater for the needs of those with subscribing to it.
See more: Blogging Sites From Your Page
Some of the cons
The obvious disadvantage with WP Engine is the price tag on the plans. With $29 as the starting price, you can get a better deal with other rival hosting services.
Though they say they offer customer care for all, if you are a client on the personal plan you will have to forgo the 24/7 customer care plan and settle for the live chat.Another drawback is what WPE considers as visit counts. Unlike some of the bots, you are used to WPE considers even a part of a page as a page visit.
It all depends on the IP address that visits your website. Lastly, it is only Linux based. If you have a Windows-based WordPress, then it can be challenging.
I have used a number of web hosting services as most of my blogging sites are supported by WordPress. Some have worked while others have disappointed. WP Engine, to me, can be described as the top 3 best web hosting providers. The price and support or the lack of it can be a deterring factor for most but that does not mean you should not consider it as one of the best.
Get 2 Months -FREE Hosting- with WP Engine on any SHARED Annual Plan
Here are few more topics that you shouldn’t miss:
Why Using A2 Hosting is an Easy Way of Creating your First WordPress Blog
5 Top Web Hosting Companies
Launching a Self Hosted WordPress Blog – Its Cost and Process
Like this post? Don’t forget to share