Amazon is not a strange name to most people. There is a huge probability that you have bought something from their site or you sell goods via Amazon. Apart from selling goods to earn, you can join the Amazon affiliate program known as Amazon Associate.
Amazon Associate is an affiliate program that has been in existence for over 20 years since it is the first company to pioneer the affiliate programs. Usually, an Amazon affiliate earns commission from the products they sell. The commission rate is determined by the category from which the product is. The key to earning more is identifying a product which your audience can identify with and has higher rates. It may sound easy but it’s not as easy as it sounds. This review will give an in-depth view of what Amazon associate is all about. Read on before you sign up for Amazon.
Table of Contents
What is Amazon Associate?
This program started back in 1996 when the internet was still in its infant stages. It gave potential marketers an avenue like no other. People could make some money by simply referring a product. The past two decades have seen Amazon make some changes to the program. In the past affiliates, commissions were determined by the total number of sales in a given period. If you have read reviews dated before March 2017, then you will see what I am talking about. The recent changes made on the commission based on affiliate program has seen some publishers change their niche. Amazon has shifted from paying on a total sales basis to varying rates depending on different categories.
As you can see from the table, Amazon announced that affiliates will be paid according to the product they are selling with the highest rates being games and luxury products. Depending on the category a publisher promotes, you can clearly see the difference. Fortunately, the 10% rate applies to the digital games, luxury beauty and amazon coins.
Features for Amazon Associate
Amazon Associate comes with features that help you to capitalize on marketing product. Some of them are:
Trust Amazon to provide you with a banner feature to help in the product promotion process. These banners come in various sizes and can be easily resized.
Build and customize text links to fit the products you are selling or a specific Amazon affiliate site.
You can add some product description on the product link to make it easier for the customer to buy.3
Benefits of Amazon Associate
Amazon affiliate program is full of benefits. They include:
• As the name suggests, Amazon is a jungle of products. There are virtually millions of products to choose from as a buyer, and even better, as an Amazon Associate. You can choose a product that your audience can warm up to.
• Amazon Associates do not have to be extensively tech-savvy. The dashboard and control panel are easy to use even by a beginner.
• Amazon affiliate program is free to join and the signup process is easy.
• One thing that makes the Amazon affiliate program stand out of the crowd is its quality. People trust what they know, and Amazon is a well-known company. When added to the fact that most potential customers have a fully functional Amazon account makes the deal even sweeter.
• Some affiliate programs can really be a drag with a high minimum payout of up to $50. Amazon prides itself in a very low minimum payout of $10. You have the option of receiving the payment via amazon gift cards, direct account deposits, or checks.
• You can also earn a lot with the commission going up to 10%. The sales you make can even double the rate of commission you receive. If you work hard and your sales keep rising, your earnings too will arise.
• Amazon Associate is also famous for its impressive conversion rates. All you have to do is convince the customers and lead them to the Amazon site.
• As an Amazon Associate, you can benefit from a customer buying your goods as well as other products on Amazon.
Limitations of Amazon Associate
Before rushing to sign up for Amazon, you should know this limitation.
• Amazon does not pay commissions for purchases made internationally. For instance, if you are an affiliate of Amazon in the US and the buyer makes a purchase via the UK branch, you won’t get paid.
• Payouts cannot be received via PayPal
• The commissions are too low compared to most of the affiliate programs available today
• The 24-hour period for the cookies tracking is not sufficient
The signup process is very simple. Just make sure that you know the products you want to sell. The Amazon affiliate site will prompt you to choose the mode of promotion you are comfortable with. Some of the common modes include banners and links. Follow these steps:
• Go to the Amazon page and select the country you wish to have an account in. • Click Join For Free
• Next, enter your email address and select “ I’m a new customer”
• On the next page, fill in the fields on the form and click Create account
• Finally, login Amazon Associate page and fill in the account details If you have an account already, you can skip to the last step and go to the login Amazon Associate page and finish up the account details.
Amazon runs an impressive affiliate program. Though the commission my be considered meager, it is a trusted site that is proven to drive in more conversions than most others, if not all, affiliate programs. If you are looking for a trust worth affiliate program with a solid track record, then Amazon Associate is the best option.
Here are few more topics that you shouldn’t miss:
FlexOffers: High PayingAffiliateNetwork
ShareASale Review: A Great Affiliate Network
Cuelinks Review: Way to Make Money through Affiliate Marketing
Like this post? Don’t forget to share